Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is it this?

I could smell the sun in you,

freshly squeezed it seems,

from the musty mould

that grows everyday-

in my furnitured brain.


Or, maybe, i smelt just you again.


Is it possible to possess?

As the night does,

clinging to its scent-

even as it melts-

in darkness,

and shadows,

and dreams?


Or, maybe, it's just loveless to possess.


I can still see the scribbles you nailed -

randomly,

on the already scratched

musty, mouldy wood.

They were measured

as life is -

in teaspoons.


Or, maybe, i should leave them undeciphered.


I can smell you again

here,

now-

in you.


That how 'this' whiffed out

perhaps-

for a measured while

from the musty mould

of the sprawled furniture

that is me.


Just tell me-

should i love

or

quit?

3 comments:

  1. after reading da
    last post i kinda felt this blogger is a sceptic... now this one is kinda romantica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really if you want to limit the definition of "romantic" in the popular sense...i wrote the poem as an expression of angst in the minds of extremely politicised yet sensitive individuals. The "i" is not restrictedly myself.. anyway, it would be discouraging to limit interpretations according to the frame of reference of the reader...just that i failed in my attempt.

    Anyway, please continue to comment as and when possible. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, on a lighter note,because i love to reflect on social issues and write "political" poems does nothing to lend any interpretation on myself as "romantic" or "un-romantic"...

    ReplyDelete