Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random abandon

In the vast expanse of this desert
i kept walking.
The sun scorching-
scalding my throat.
The sands dry-
bruising my eyes.

I wanted to bleed
bleed to profusion
and soak the parched papery mess
of rudiments-
the reduced me.

What was to inhale was
a dry mouthful of arid dust,
sand, hot air-
enough to scar my heart
my soul
perhaps my inner core
and perhaps for-
forever.

What was to exhale was
a burdened air,
an ominous anticipation
of an exotic mirage-
choked with stench
profuse with pollutants.
Strong enough
to stifle and strangulate.

I chose to walk
just walk an innocent stroll
like you do when unperturbed
with perhaps no-nothing.
Waiting to collapse
with a defining thud.

4 comments:

  1. what does " I wanted to bleed
    bleed to profusion" exactly mean ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Yogi i guess it means the lady's distress is so distressing that she wants to take it to unbearable levels and make it meaningless

    ReplyDelete
  3. @yogesh, it can mean anything you wantto mean like smarak interpreted as it being meaningless....

    @smarak, interestingly Keats does talk about soaking oneself in the emotion at hand to such an extent that one becomes united with the same..then it ends up becoming an inalienable part of life...so, well my meaninglessness might have some meaning somewhere....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it signifies the baggage the person is carrying. Like its so heavy , scorching, and painful that she just wants to let go, like finish off with it. "Wanted to bleed, bleed to profusion" So that at least it ends...As you said it became an inalienable part of life and there was nothing she could do about it.

    I loved the part you used in the stanzas, "Inhale and exhale" . And the last one too, that she was feeling so burdened that she chose to walk innocently, unruffled towards the end, just to collapse.
    :)

    ReplyDelete